Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12436 Discussions

SPI Drivers for Cyclone V SoC Devkit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm a Linux newbie that needs to access an SPI device via one of the SPI Master HPS peripherals on the Cyclone V SoC. If the SPI is selected/activated via Qsys, and a new SD image generated via the EDS tools, can I expect the corresponding SPI driver to show up in the \dev directory? If so, where would I find doc on the driver API? 

Thanks 

--John
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found the doc I was looking for in ..\embedded\embeddedsw\socfpga\sources\linux-socfpga\Documentation\spi. Has the driver API and some test source to illustrate the API. Source looks compile ready - makefile supplied as well.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello John, 

Were you able to get the SPI up and running? I have enabled the SPI options in the Qsys, however I do not see the SPI in location '/dev ' . 

Any pointers?