Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Segmentation Violation - core dumped How to get around this error message? It happens every time I run eclipse-nios2

GHelb
Novice

Using OpenJDK on ubuntu - versions 14, 16 & 18 - I get the error message "Segmentation Violation - Core Dumped" when trying to run 'eclipse-nios2' from Quartus - versions 17.1, 18.1.1, and 19.1.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Which built of Quartus you used and also please let us know the version of ubuntu you are using.

0 Kudos
GHelb
Novice

I checked the following configurations:

Ubuntu 14 / Quartus 17.1

Ubuntu 16 / Quartus 17.1 / 18.1

Ubuntu 18 / Quartus 18.1 / 19.1

All five (5) failed.

I did additional testing with Ubuntu 16 and Quartus 18.1.1: If I start with a fresh copy of eclipse/mars2 and merge the NIOS changes in I can get it to work from a shell script that sets up environment variables. As delivered it fails, and it won't start from the Quartus menu.

0 Kudos
GHelb
Novice

In another thread is was suggested that installing wsl would fix the problem. It does not fix the problem with Ubuntu 16.04

Please note that booting Ubuntu and running Ubuntu under Windows-10 WSL are different. Working in one does not mean that it will work in the other. And the goal should be to get it working in both.

What additional libraries need to be installed to use NIOS SDK 18.1.1 in Ubuntu 16.04?

0 Kudos