Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Service Pack 1, Nios II 1.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Service Pack 1 for the Nios II v1.0 release is now available for free download: nios ii 1.0 sp1 (https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/service_packs/nios/dnl-nios2_1_0_sp1.jsp). This service pack will update your Nios II tools' version number to "1.01". 

To determine if you need this service pack, please check out the online nios ii 1.01 release notes (http://www.altera.com/support/ip/processors/nios2/ips-niosii-dev-kit-101-rn.html).
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by alan@Oct 25 2004, 12:31 PM 

service pack 1 for the nios ii v1.0 release is now available for free download: nios ii 1.0 sp1 (https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/service_packs/nios/dnl-nios2_1_0_sp1.jsp).  this service pack will update your nios ii tools' version number to "1.01". 

to determine if you need this service pack, please check out the online nios ii 1.01 release notes (http://www.altera.com/support/ip/processors/nios2/ips-niosii-dev-kit-101-rn.html). 

--- Quote End ---  

My anti-virus software reports there is a virus named "Backdoor/IRCServer.392192.Instal" in the Sp1 file.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Oh,Really? 

That seems to be a trouble! http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

F-Secure didn’t find a virus. It is very likely that the file is ok. 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

VirusScan doesn&#39;t detect a virus on my system. But I observed a strange behavior anyway: when I started &#39;nios2_1_0_sp1.exe&#39; it displayed no dialog and appeared as doing nothing for minutes. However, I noticed that the internet explorer process extensivley utilized the cpu. After killing the internet explorer process the sp1 installation succeeds. 

I have another question regarding the sp1: Is it possible to entirely disable (set to zero) icache and dcache for the "fast" (/f) core (I know the &#39;always_bypass_dcache&#39; flag, but I want to get rid of the complete cache stuff since I need high speed and low resource allocation utilizing only onchip memory)? 

Thanks, 

Johannes
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No problems updating either Quartus II v4.1 or Nios II here. I&#39;m holding off on installing v4.1 on other machines until SP2 proves out. 

I&#39;ll let you know how it all looks after I walk-through the Microtronix design for Nios II.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can&#39;t download the entire file in a single connection session (ISP limitation), and the java servelet seems to prevent IE from restarting the transfer from when it finished. 

Can someone please post (or email me) a direct HTTP URL to the service pack file? 

Regards, 

Roddy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

> Can someone please post (or email me) a direct HTTP URL to the service pack file? 

Thanks - this is sorted now! 

- Roddy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by leslie@Nov 2 2004, 11:29 AM 

no problems updating either quartus ii v4.1 or nios ii here.  i&#39;m holding off on installing v4.1 on other machines until sp2 proves out. 

i&#39;ll let you know how it all looks after i walk-through the microtronix design for nios ii. 

--- Quote End ---  

I&#39;m trying to install uClinux from microtronix but I am getting the following error: 

"Could not find Altera Nios II Development Kit on this system. Please install and run this setup again." http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif  

I&#39;ve installed the NIos II stuff twice now. It is verson 1.01. When I click on "Nios II IDE" under the  

start menu the IDE starts. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

John Kirby
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello jdkirby, 

It’s the same behaviour with the stand-alone LWIP from Microtronix. The SP 1 for Nios II should be installed after adding uCLinux (or stand-alone LWIP) to your system. 

1. Uninstall your Nios II 1.0.1 

2. Install Nios II 1.0 

3. Install uCLinux 

4. Install SP 1 for Nios 1.0 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you know where can I get Nios II 1.0?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by neo@Dec 18 2004, 11:00 PM 

do you know where can i get nios ii 1.0? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello neo, 

You can download the Evaluation Version from Altera or you can buy the Nios II license from an Altera distributor. 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Be careful here. 

I pruchased a Cyclone eval board and got Quartus II 3.? and NIOS I 

Then in august I got an update Q II 4.0 and NIOS II 1.0 but an evaluation only version 

I then downloaded the NIOS II 1.0 full version from the web. 

I ended up with NIOS II 1.0 but NO MicroC RTOS support. And perhaps I&#39;m missing other stuf 

I evevtually got a CD from the factory. NIOS II Ver 1.0 and it had the MicroC RTOS.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by niosiiuser@Nov 5 2004, 02:43 AM 

hello jdkirby, 

it?s the same behaviour with the stand-alone lwip from microtronix. the sp 1 for nios ii should be installed after adding uclinux (or stand-alone lwip) to your system. 

1. uninstall your nios ii 1.0.1 

2. install nios ii 1.0 

3. install uclinux 

4. install sp 1 for nios 1.0 

bye, 

niosiiuser 

--- Quote End ---  

That makes sense. 

Upgrades and patches were available when I first installed on this computer and I didn&#39;t bother to RTFM. Foolish mortal! 

This is the error you get installing Nios II SP1 if you do it Leslie&#39;s way: 

The directory: 

c:\altera\kits\nios2 

Does not contain the expected Nios II installation(found 1.01). 

Please select a directory with an installation of Nios II 1.0 to continue. 

I assume I will have to uninstall and reinstall Nios II and uClinux at some point.
0 Kudos