Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Setting up TrustZone on Cyclone V FPGA board

ADavi10
Beginner

I'm currently working on a project using the Cyclone V SoC FPGA. I'm looking to make use of the ARM TrustZone Security Extensions to prevent non-secure accesses to a certain area of the SDRAM. Through reading the Cyclone V HPS Technical Reference Manual I was able to partition the SDRAM into secure and non-secure areas, through the SDRAM controller. However, I'm still unsure how to set up an environment where I can switch between the secure and normal worlds. I've found some examples which seem to set up TrustZone on other development boards

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.faqs/ka15417.html

but I'm unsure how to port them to the Cyclone V. I was wondering if anybody knew or had some documentation on how to set up TrustZone on the Cyclone V board where I could switch between code running in the secure and non-secure worlds? 

Thanks Andrew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We are still searching around to collect more information about the implementation of TrustZone on Cyclone V SoC. There is no such design, or document to explain how to enable this feature and what environment it requires.

Please note this is not a standard support approach. It might take some time to find answers.

Thanks

EmbeddedMan
Beginner

@Fawaz_J_Intel 

Hello,

It's been three years, has the implementation of TrustZone on Cyclone V SoC  been realized now?

Or any plan to realize it?

Thanks

BR.