Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Setting up TrustZone on Cyclone V FPGA board

ADavi10
Beginner

I'm currently working on a project using the Cyclone V SoC FPGA. I'm looking to make use of the ARM TrustZone Security Extensions to prevent non-secure accesses to a certain area of the SDRAM. Through reading the Cyclone V HPS Technical Reference Manual I was able to partition the SDRAM into secure and non-secure areas, through the SDRAM controller. However, I'm still unsure how to set up an environment where I can switch between the secure and normal worlds. I've found some examples which seem to set up TrustZone on other development boards

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.faqs/ka15417.html

but I'm unsure how to port them to the Cyclone V. I was wondering if anybody knew or had some documentation on how to set up TrustZone on the Cyclone V board where I could switch between code running in the secure and non-secure worlds? 

Thanks Andrew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

We are still searching around to collect more information about the implementation of TrustZone on Cyclone V SoC. There is no such design, or document to explain how to enable this feature and what environment it requires.

Please note this is not a standard support approach. It might take some time to find answers.

Thanks

0 Kudos
EmbeddedMan
Beginner

@Fawaz_Al-Jubori 

Hello,

It's been three years, has the implementation of TrustZone on Cyclone V SoC  been realized now?

Or any plan to realize it?

Thanks

BR.

0 Kudos