Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Simple socket server example problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I've a DE4-230 board...and I tried to test the simple socket server example. So i loaded on the fpga both the file.sof and the file.elf given with the board....in this case no problems...but when I try to use the simple socket server template of nios2 eclipse program...without modifying anything...staring the run after the build...It stops....!!....so the question is....are the two C-codes....the sss template of eclipse and the sss of .elf file given with the board similar??aren't they? 

Has anyone met this problem? 

Regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need sopcinfo file to generate proper system. Do You have it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same board and the same problem. 

The design seems to be very program (Quartus version) dependent. I think, it does not compile because the Quartus version is not the same as the one used by Terasic. 

If you find a way to compile it: please let me know! 

David
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, I solved it....as first thing....after you make modifications to Quartus2/Sopc program you have to re-generate the system...and insert the new .sopcinfo file in eclipse...then as regards SSS C-codes....effectively...two codes are different and so...it needs to modify the eclipse SSS template code...first of all the file led.c in which you find a rand() function instead of a counting up code for controlling 7-segments display...and then the file Simple Socket Server.c file in which you have to insert the MAC of your board manually. 

ps: 

you could also try to change manually the two files led.c and SimpleSocketServer.c of template with those in Quartus2 cd-rom with the board.
0 Kudos