Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Simple socket server example problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi,  

I've a DE4-230 board...and I tried to test the simple socket server example. So i loaded on the fpga both the file.sof and the file.elf given with the board....in this case no problems...but when I try to use the simple socket server template of nios2 eclipse program...without modifying anything...staring the run after the build...It stops....!!....so the question is....are the two C-codes....the sss template of eclipse and the sss of .elf file given with the board similar??aren't they? 

Has anyone met this problem? 

Regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You need sopcinfo file to generate proper system. Do You have it?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I have the same board and the same problem. 

The design seems to be very program (Quartus version) dependent. I think, it does not compile because the Quartus version is not the same as the one used by Terasic. 

If you find a way to compile it: please let me know! 

David
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

yes, I solved it....as first thing....after you make modifications to Quartus2/Sopc program you have to re-generate the system...and insert the new .sopcinfo file in eclipse...then as regards SSS C-codes....effectively...two codes are different and so...it needs to modify the eclipse SSS template code...first of all the file led.c in which you find a rand() function instead of a counting up code for controlling 7-segments display...and then the file Simple Socket Server.c file in which you have to insert the MAC of your board manually. 

ps: 

you could also try to change manually the two files led.c and SimpleSocketServer.c of template with those in Quartus2 cd-rom with the board.