Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Simualting NIOS II and modifying boot sequence

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In some parts of my project I need to simulate NIOS II with Modelsim. I follow the documets from ALtera and I am able to run simulation. THE version of Quqrtus is 13.1 SP1 and I am using NIOS II SBT GUI for compiling C codes on NIOS and run Modlesim from the GUI.  

My reset vector and exception vector of CPU are pointing to on chip ram. I can see objdump and hex files are generated and hex file is addressed properly in the RTL. 

in the begining i see cpu is trying to access on chip ram, until it reaches to a function called alt_load and under this function there is alt_load_section subroutine that is used for copying the content of flash to on chip ram! cpu stucks here forever! I don't want this and I don't need any other boot loader.  

Can you please advise me how to get rid of this function?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is the OpenCL forum. I think you have posted this in the wrong place.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you sure you haven't enabled the EPCS boot code ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I did not enable the simualtion mode of NIOS IDE after doing that I can see activities on the bus!

0 Kudos