Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Software supplied with Nios version 1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all. 

I have an original 1S10 development board which is currently running a Nios processor (version 3.1) 

The board comes supplied with some software programmed into which allows firmware and software to be transfered by Ethernet and then programmed into the board (all controlled via a web page within Internet Explorer). I appear to have the source for this software which allows to make changes, which is good, and Altera make a big deal about all this being supplied out of the box and ready to use. This solution appears to work for me, and does what I need it to do (well almost as the DHCP part doesn't work as it should as the IP address has to be manually assigned when I connect the board to my network switch/server). 

For NiosII, there doesn't appear to be anything similar supplied (I might be wrong, please correct me if I am). What I'm after, is something similar to that supplied with my original Nios development board. Do I have to port the original Nios code, or has someone done that already?  

I've read various posts about the different bootloaders available, but I just want to keep it really simple. 

Has anyone got suggestions as to the best way forward 

Regards 

Stuart B
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just wondering whether anyone can help with this topic or not? If I have missed something, please let me know. 

Regards, 

Stuart B
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Stuart, 

> I've read various posts about the different bootloaders available, 

> but I just want to keep it really simple. 

If I understand you correctly, you prefer porting a web server to 

using u-boot or RedBoot? 

You might want to reconsider ... TFTP via a CLI is about as simple as 

you can get ... and you should have no problem getting support for 

either bootloaders on this forum. 

Best Regards, 

--Scott
0 Kudos