Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Some questions about Arria 10 PCI Express HIP and topologies

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm working on a project using several Intel/Altera FPGA Arria 10 and PCI Express protocol. 

At this stage, I would like to provide a communication between two FPGAs Arria 10, one configured as a Root-port or Root-complex device and the other one as a End-point device. 

I tried to understand the PCI Express standar from PCISIG and the Arria 10 PCI Express HIP datasheet from Intel/Altera but its still difficult for me.  

I will need someone more exprimented than me to explain and dis-blurring several aspects of these documents especially about the use of the PCI Express HIP. 

I would like to know too if using its two FPGAs as describe upper is possible without using a CPU (I thought to use the Arria 10 embedded CPU to use the PCI protocol) and if this one can be replace by a VHDL architecture like a bug state machine. 

Thanks to you, 

Cotton
0 Kudos
0 Replies