Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Source level debugging

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Is there a way to have a mixed mode display while debugging in the NiosII IDE? I only see source-level or assy, not both. 

Is there a way to keep the IDE debugger windows synced with the FS2 (or at least the pc reg) so you can effectively hop back and forth? 

I know the FS2 HW trace is limited to 16 frames, but if I step it loses the prior trace info. Is there another way to list source-level lines in the FS2 debugger console with their addresses, or do I need to have an objdump listing handy whenever I start a debug session?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

tns, 

I can't immediately answer your last two questions, but about mixed C/asm: Currently this is not available in v1.1, however, it is coming soon.