Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Sourcery codebench Virtual edition download

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

i want to test peripherals of Arria 10 SoC. Since i dont have hardware i am planning to use Arria 10 Virtual platform. As per my understanding Sourcery codebench virtual edition IDE can be used to validate and debug Arria 10 Virtual platform. But i didn't notice any download links to download the IDE. Could any one please help me with the issue? 

Can anyone please suggest another IDE which i can validate and debug Arria 10 virtual platform if available? 

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

There is a 30-day trial of the Sourcery IDE on Mentor's website (https://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/downloads/). I don't know of any alternatives to it though (to be honest, I didn't even know Sourcery until now). 

Kind regards 

Thiago
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please let me know, how to make use of Virtual Platform validating/testing the following devices/interfaces : 

1. Can we validate/test/debug the drivers for devices/interfaces like eMMC, MicroSD, UART, I2C, RTC, DDR, NOR Flash, QSPI & JTAG in absence of actual hardware/evaluation board? 

2. When configured the registers of UART through driver, how to validate its effect/debug in absence of hardware? How to see software/hardware interaction, including peripheral register tracing? 

3. How Virtual Platform responds to behave like actual hardware/evaluation board? Does it provide functional emulation/simulation or register level debugging?
0 Kudos