Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Sourcery codebench Virtual edition download

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

i want to test peripherals of Arria 10 SoC. Since i dont have hardware i am planning to use Arria 10 Virtual platform. As per my understanding Sourcery codebench virtual edition IDE can be used to validate and debug Arria 10 Virtual platform. But i didn't notice any download links to download the IDE. Could any one please help me with the issue? 

Can anyone please suggest another IDE which i can validate and debug Arria 10 virtual platform if available? 

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

There is a 30-day trial of the Sourcery IDE on Mentor's website (https://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/downloads/). I don't know of any alternatives to it though (to be honest, I didn't even know Sourcery until now). 

Kind regards 

Thiago
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please let me know, how to make use of Virtual Platform validating/testing the following devices/interfaces : 

1. Can we validate/test/debug the drivers for devices/interfaces like eMMC, MicroSD, UART, I2C, RTC, DDR, NOR Flash, QSPI & JTAG in absence of actual hardware/evaluation board? 

2. When configured the registers of UART through driver, how to validate its effect/debug in absence of hardware? How to see software/hardware interaction, including peripheral register tracing? 

3. How Virtual Platform responds to behave like actual hardware/evaluation board? Does it provide functional emulation/simulation or register level debugging?