Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Stand-Alone Lightweight IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The stand-alone version of lwip is now ready for download. It includes a software example and a webserver. 

To download, you must be a registered user. Once logged in, go to the downloads area and look for it under the "Tested IP" section.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

The first test at 11 PM in Germany was successful. Many thanks for your work. More tests will follow the next days. 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It seems not working on my install. 

In the lwip archive there's a readme.txt saying : 

"PERIPHERAL UPDATE REQUIRED: 

The following peripheral (component) needs to be updated: 

- altera_avalon_lan91c111: Replace the HAL subdirectory with the one  

included with this kit." 

How can we do this or where can we find the new HAL subdirectory ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello jazz, 

In my case the update was automatically done with the installation of the stand alone lwip. There was no need to update something manually. The updated components can be found in the following directory: 

%niosIIroot%/altera_avalon_lan91c111/HAL 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, the update has been taken in account once I re-started the computer...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by jazz@Aug 6 2004, 11:04 AM 

yes, the update has been taken in account once i re-started the computer... 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello jazz, 

So is it working now? 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello niosIIuser, 

Yes I managed to run the webserver exemple. 

Now I'm making the migration of the net components of my software which is only using udp protocol. 

And I've got some include problems in including the udp stack of lwip... 

I'll keep you informed. 

Do someone here use the udp stack of lwip ? 

Thanks 

Jazz
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have found that there is a new version of the lwip library available from the lwip download site. How can I remove the 0.7.x version from the Eclipse project and add the 1.0.0 version. I am new to using eclipse and it seems to be cryptic to use to me.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by mcausley@Oct 6 2004, 04:27 PM 

i am new to using eclipse and it seems to be cryptic to use to me. 

--- Quote End ---  

Join the club! Eclipse seems capable of doing almost anything if you write enough java, and absolutely nothing useful if you don't. I still haven't found a way to view a file within eclipse without creating a 'project' first. If I want to look at a file outside my project, I have to use notepad to do it! Someone PLEASE tell me I've missed something obvious. I'm seriously thinking of ditching the NIOS IDE and switching to Codewright and simple makefiles. 

I've tried updating LWIP to the 1.0 version, but there seem to be a few API changes relating to both the user and the device driver layers, so I've left it alone for now. I'll post it if I have time to look at it again. 

- Roddy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

roddy wrote 

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

I&#39;m seriously thinking of ditching the NIOS IDE and switching to Codewright and simple makefiles.[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Makefiles etc and codelab work well except that Nios II has pretty limited support for what they call legacy SDK. They say you should not use the f core (with data cache) if you are using legacy sdk but it does work if you want things to be written at once then use the volatile keyword. codelab is much better than the eclipse enviroment for steping and debugging. I use a seperate edit that I am used to and is powerful for coding (Multiedit.) But this is why I can&#39;t use eclipse at all.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"Codewright" wasn&#39;t a typo. It&#39;s basically just a very good programmer&#39;s editor that hooks into version control systems. Not as nifty as eclipse for some things, but a whole lot easier to get it to build the software you want. No integrated debugging, (it&#39;s just an editor/shell) so you have to use your brain for that. Sadly, Borland bought the company that developed it, and then canned the product. 

- Roddy
0 Kudos