Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Support for NIOSII 13.1 command shell and commands on Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am looking at replacing some Windows PC that run the NIOS II Command Shell and some commands. 

Where can I find that Linux versions are supported ? ... I have UBUNTU but heard the official support is via RED HAT. 

Thanks, Bob.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I actually don't think there is any distribution that is "supported". The installation notes (quartus_install.pdf) don't seem to be specific, although they do give you a hint for what packages you need on RHEL. 

For what it's worth, I had trouble with Ubuntu x64 back in ~12.1 times, and at that time switched to CentOS x64 which has been relatively problem-free for running Quartus.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok Thanks Ted, 

I don't need to run Quartus or the NIOS II 13.1 Software tools for Eclipse, but I would liek to run the NIOS II 13.1 Command Shell and its commands like the nios2-terminal and nios2-download to have a terminal and to load .elf's via an 

automation system.