Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

TCP/IP stack memory footprint

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I am planning to implement a TCP/IP stack on a cyclone III chip to run a simple web server. My main concern is the memory requirements since I have to implement it in internal ram. I have tried the lwIP stack, but have not been able to get the code size under 75kB. If anyone who have any experience with different TCP/IP stacks on the Cyclone III chip can tell me how much memory they needed it would be greatly appreciated.  

I have looked on the microIP(uIP) stack, but I do not believe there is a Nios port to it, does anyone have any experience with that?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using rtems ip stack. My understanding is that it is a free bsd port and therefore its probably not smaller than lwip.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for the reply, I will check out rtems