Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

TSE_Driver Architecture

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Dear Friends, 

In TSE Software Driver Architecture (ug_Ethernet), there is a Memory Block at the bottom of page 141 ( ug_Ethernet page 141),  

Is this is External memory, or Packet memory or some thing else ..? 

regards 

kaushal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

This memory block is not part of TSE itself. It is the memory device available in your system: sdram, sram or onchip memory.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

This memory block is not part of TSE itself. It is the memory device available in your system: sdram, sram or onchip memory. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanking you for your reply. 

It mean this is external to TSE ,  

Is packet loss accure if Processor NIOS-II/f received high speed packets?. or in other way how do i increase the processor speed?. or NIOS-II/f had sufficient speed to handle all incoming packets? 

NIOS-II/f having system clock is 125Mhz 

regards 

kaushal
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Besides processor frequency, there are a number of factors affecting maximum speed achieved with data transfer. For example: 

- system architecture 

- network transport protocol  

- dma and cache 

- Nios operating system and number of other tasks running  

You may refer to AN440 for a comprehensive description of methods for improving performance of ethernet applicaitons.