Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12436 Discussions

TSE mac / 88e1111 PHY configuration

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all ! 

I'm trying to send data from my PC to my nios2 system over ethernet. Im using a cyclone 4 gx starter board. The design is the standard BTS system witch include a gigabyte MAC, Marvell 88E1111 PHY , 2 sgdma (tx/rx) and a descriptor onchip memory. 

My problem is that i don't know were to start from , and can't find a good and simple reference design.  

Does anyone have a basic reference design, or something else that i can start from (some cookbook or relevant altera's ref) ?  

Thanks , 

Ofri
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the IDS you should be able to start a software project from a default template. IIRC there are two templates that can be useful for you, the Simple Sockets Server and the Web Server. Both are a good starting point.