Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

TSE with SGDMA in Loopback

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi folks, 

i try to write a driver with the SGDMA and TSE. I checked the hardware design with the simple socket server example and the LWIP example, both worked so far.  

I also tried out the SGDMA in a stand alone projekt, where i connected the source of tx-sgdma with the sink of rx-sgdma, this example also worked. 

So far so good, but now i want to write data to the tx-sgdma and via loopback of the tse back to the rx-sgdma. But the frame i send doesn't come back. Can anyone have a look onto my code and point me to the problem.:confused: 

By the way i work with NiosEDS 10.0 and use a DBM3C40 board with a National Phy DP83640. The thing i want to achive later is a working driver for the TCP/IP stack we want to use. 

At the moment i send in async transfer mode ongoing numbers and try to receive them on the rx-side, but what i get is mostly '0' and 5 numbers "33,24,71,71,71". Can anyone help me? 

Thx Christian
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The data that you send should at least look like a valid Ethernet packet. The TSE has an incoming filter to ignore the packets that don't have the right destination MAC address (except if you set it in promiscuous mode) and could do other checks on the header.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thx for your reply, this help a lot for understanding the MAC :) if there are further problems i'll come back to this thread. So far i can send and reveive dhcp-packets, but sometimes the application hang. But i guess that i just have to have a deeper look into the problem, so far i can't say what's the reason. Thx so far :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please, can you post a working version of your application? I try to understand the TSE and SGDMA blocks. 

Thx! :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Micio82, 

for the working driver i also use an tcp/ip stack(embosIP) and an operating system(embOS) from the Segger company. Due to their regulations i'm not allowed to send this stuff to the public. But what might help you is the light weight tcp/ip stack with an altera driver (lwip). You should have a look to this thread  

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93638#post93638  

and here you can get the driver  

http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/available_device_drivers#lwip_1.3.2  

this driver example helped me a lot, hope it does the same for you. 

If i find a little time, i might also copy some stuff together and post it here, but at the moment we have an urgent project. 

Greeting, Oberon
0 Kudos