Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

Transceiver toolkits example modification

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I want to modify (sv_1ch_40b_10312mbps) trasciever toolkits example so that send GOLD codes sequence instead to PRBS . 

I will use GOLD codes sequence to encode random data at transmiter side and decode it at reciever side and then check if there is error occurred. 

I have tried to modify "altera_avalon_data_pattern_generator.v” file and Compile the project, program the device, and run the Transceiver Toolkit,When i run link tests, channel color highlights yellow . 

Moreover , I have tried to make small modification in the design , for example in the below part of "altera_avalon_data_pattern_generator.v” file i replace the  

prbs[0] <= prbs[0] ^ prbs[3] ^ prbs[4] ^ prbs[6] ; 

instead  

prbs[0] <= prbs[0] ^ prbs[3] ^ prbs[4] ^ prbs[5] ; 

unfortunately , i have gotten the same problem . 

part from "altera_avalon_data_pattern_generator.v” file 

if (ST_DATA_W == 32) begin 

always @(posedge aso_clk or posedge reset) begin 

if (reset) begin 

prbs <= ~0; 

end else begin 

if (state == ST_IDLE) begin 

prbs <= ~0; 

end 

if (advance_prbs) begin 

case (pattern_select) 

SEL_PRBS_7 : begin 

// PRBS 2^7-1 (T[7,6]) (parallel 40-bit serializer) 

prbs[0] <= prbs[0] ^ prbs[3] ^ prbs[4] ^ prbs[5] ; 

prbs[1] <= prbs[1] ^ prbs[4] ^ prbs[5] ^ prbs[6] ; 

prbs[2] <= prbs[0] ^ prbs[2] ^ prbs[5] ; 

Can you please help me to solve my problem? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I’m interesting with this example, the problem that I need to change the generator and checker and lets the other part of the design. 

Please if there are some one that he have a tutorial or an example to do something like this, it will be appreciate.  

Thank you for your cooperation.