Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Triple Speed Ethernet - uClinux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using the Altera Cyclone V GT Development Board (5CGTFD9E5F35C7N FPGA). I am successfully running uClinux (Linux version 3.1) on the board.  

In my Qsys design I added an Ethernet system with Triple Speed Ethernet (TSE), sgdma_bridge, sgdma_rx, sgdma_tx and descriptor memory.  

I have set the TSE Interface to RGMII, because the PHY-to-MAC interface of my board employs a RGMII interface. Does uClinux support RGMII?  

I made the kernel configuration according to http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/ethernet  

[*]Altera Triple Speed Ethernet MAC support(SLS) 

[*]Drivers for Marvell PHYs 

After booting uClinux I can assign a MAC- and IP-address: 

> Ifcongfig eth0  

eth0 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 00:07:ED:0A:03:39 

inet addr: 192:168:1.123 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask 255.255.255.0 

RX packets:19 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 

TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 

Collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 

Base address:0x2800 

However I cannot ping the board to and from the Host-PC. Can anyone help me? Is the RGMII the problem? Any advice is appreciated.  

Daniel
0 Kudos
0 Replies