Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Type undefined reference to `alt_ic_isr_register' and general include paths

DiBosco
Novice

I am having an absolute nightmare with paths in Eclipse. I have taken over someone's dog's dinner of a project, trying to tidy it up and make it proper code.

I could not get paths to work properly at all. Everything needed

#include "../bar/foo.h"

rather than just

#include "foo.h"

Despite bar being in the include directory lists.

It got to silly stage at one point with needing ../../../ kind of thing in some of the paths, and some of them would simply only work with an absolute full OS path in the source code, so I posted on stack overflow and the only vague kind of response was asking whether I was using the automake file function. Eventually found where that  was, turned on the option and that completely broke everything.

So, I thought well, I reasonably understand what's going on in this project now, maybe the best bet is just to create a new blank project from scratch, using auto make, and using the old bsp settings file.

So, I did that and started to piece together the project, everything was going fine. I didn't need anything other than the header file name (no relative paths when I included the appropriate paths in C++/Paths and Symbols/Includes GNU C).

However, I then came to add this line:

alt_ic_isr_register(USB3_CONTROLLERSUBSYS_FT600_SYS_NIOS_TO_PC_TXEN_GPIO_IRQ_INTERRUPT_CONTROLLER_ID,
USB3_CONTROLLERSUBSYS_FT600_SYS_NIOS_TO_PC_TXEN_GPIO_IRQ, ft600_tx_irq_routine, TXEnedge_capture_ptr, 0x0);

I get this:

Description Resource Path Location Type
undefined reference to `alt_ic_isr_register' ft600.c /application/drivers line 149 C/C++ Problem

Now, if I CTL-CLICK on the alt_ic_isr_register line in the source code, it clearly shows two header files with that entry and in the BSP C files that function is there.

Is someone please able to help me. I have spent two days on this and I'm utterly fed up with it.

Many thanks!

@BoonBengT_Intel 
@EricMunYew_C_Intel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiBosco
Novice

Thanks. You, as usual, have been most helpful.

BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Apologies for the inconvenient cause, we do have a knowledge article to including C/C++ files for Nios ii software project here.
Please do have a quick look at that to see if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB