Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

U-Boot and sopc-create-config-files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to U-Boot to run on the cyclone iv gx fpga development kit running on the board_update_portal example system. 

I followed the instructions from the Altera wiki DasUBoot page and used sopc-create-config-files to generate the U-Boot config file from the c4gx150_fpga_bup_sopc.sopcinfo file. 

I encountered many serious problems. 

1) The root node of the sopcinfo file is EnsembleReport not system 

2) The cpu module is altera_nios2_qsys not altera_nios2 

3) The value for baseAddress is in a sub-node not an attribute 

Is the sopc-create-config-files script still the recommended way to generate U-Boot configuration files? 

Is there another more up to date description of how to get U-Boot working with an *.sopcinfo file created by QSYS? 

Thanks for any help
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have resolved the problem with the sopc-create-config-files script. 

The board_update_portal example for the Cyclone IV GX FPGA Development Kit uses QSYS instead of SopcBuilder so the example directory has a file c4gx150_fpga_bup_sopc.qsys but no *.sopc file. 

I was trying to use the c4gx150_fpga_bup_sopc.sopcinfo file but this does not work correctly with the sopc-create-config-files script. 

Is there an easy way to create a *.sopc file from a *.qsys file? 

Is it possible to update the sopc-create-config-files script to also use *.qsys files?
0 Kudos