Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

UART + NIOS II

ASeif
Beginner

Hi,

I was wondering if you know "How many character could be received by UART simultaneously when we are using NIOS II"?

I run NIOS in-place (on EPCQ128). It seems that it could not receive 35 bytes when it continuously sent by external device.

For example:

scanf("%35c",&data);

This code cannot receive 35 characters. If I send the characters one by one with delay, it works.

How can I improve that?

PS. I have to receive character (%c) due to I neet to receive a RAW memory data which it might includes 0x00 to 0xFF. If I change it to (%s) when data is equal to white-space characters [like CR or LF] it terminates scanf() function.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I believe that the UART accept 32 bit register, the CLK speed and the JTAG configuration have the main effect to the speed to writing bytes. Please read the following pages and let me know if this answers your question:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/qts_qii55001.pdf#page=59

Regards,

0 Kudos