Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

UART basic help needed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I have implemented my second UART into a NIOS II core, the first one i assign as the STD in and out in the BSP editor (no probs there!), and I am using this one I communicate to my PC using printf and that works fine. However once I have added the new UART to the core, generated all relevant files etc and created my BSP and Application, i get errors in the drivers src section of the BSP, namely the init.c file and the read.c file are reporting symbol 'system_bus_width' could not be resolved and another 15 similar in total. Any ideas? 

I have included the following files: 

altera_avalon_uart_regs.h 

altera_avalon_uart.h 

Any help would be appreciated! 

D
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, I have got rid of most of the erros by changing all references to UART to UART1 in things like IORD_UART_ etc etc, 

but it stills leaves me with three errors relating to EWOULDBLOCK, ??? 

Any ideas folks?