Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

UClinux PPS driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi everyone, 

Have anyone used the PPS driver on the uClinux? I would like to know what I need in term of the HDL design or a megafunction I can purchase so I can interface with this driver? Thanks in advance if anyone can share your experience using this driver on the uClinux. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I still have no luck on the PPS client driver on my uClinux running on the NIOS2. Can anyone kindly point me to the right direction, since I am using a device tree and believe this doesn't support device tree, right? What do I need to add/modify so I can use a input GPIO as a source? I saw a google post to add this code to (?? an unknown) and then you need to call pps_init in the configuration routine (?? not sure what it mean) 

add 

/* PPS-GPIO platform data */ 

static struct pps_gpio_platform_data pps_gpio_info = { 

.assert_falling_edge = false, 

.capture_clear= false, 

.gpio_pin=63, 

.gpio_label="PPS", 

}; 

static struct platform_device pps_gpio_device = { 

.name = "pps-gpio", 

.id = -1, 

.dev = { 

.platform_data = &pps_gpio_info 

}, 

}; 

static void pps_init(int evm_id, int profile) 

int err; 

err = platform_device_register(&pps_gpio_device); 

if (err) { 

pr_warning("Could not register PPS_GPIO device"); 

Thanks in advance for any help