Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12454 Discussions

Ubuntu 14.04 Nios Build '_IFCHR' undeclared

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All: 

Trying to build a new nios project on my Ubuntu system (14.04 64-bit) (Yes I know it's not an officially supported system). 

What I'm seeing is when I attempt compile any program, it appears the tools are pulling from the system header files which are not compatible with the software. 

specifically alt_fstat.c pulls /sys/stat.h which is getting pulled from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/stat.h 

(There are others but this is the first) 

I think it's suppose to pull from one in the <installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/gnu area (there are 4 for quartus 15.0) 

Looking at the BSP Properties, it's pulling the includes by default from: 

/usr/include 

/usr/X11R6/include 

/usr/local/include 

and although I can add new once, I am unable to change any of these defaults.  

Anyone else seeing this? I know lots of you are running quartus on 14.04 but I haven't seen this error message. I know two of us here are seeing the same errors.  

Thanks 

Pete
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi All: 

Looking at the BSP Properties, it's pulling the includes by default from: 

/usr/include 

/usr/X11R6/include 

/usr/local/include 

Pete 

--- Quote End ---  

Ok. I found the issue: 

The issue was an environment variable CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH that set as part of our module setup. 

When that variable is not set, everything works. 

Pete