Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Ubuntu 14.04: Not able to build new rootfs for yocto

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using Cyclone V SOC kit and try to enable CAN by following this thread: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42747 

However I stuck in building rootfs for yocto, although I followed the instructions here: 

http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/documentation/gsrdgettingstartedyocto 

It always failed ubuntu 14.04 with error shown below. 

I read somewhere that Ubuntu 12.04 should be use, but version 12.04 seem to be too old for my workstation where the network not working. 

Is there anyway to build rootfs for yocto with Ubuntu 14.04 or newer version? 

sys_isgpsv@pgisglab028:~/yocto/build$ bitbake altera-gsrd-image Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build WARNING: Host distribution "Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution. Loading cache: 100% |##############################################| ETA: 00:00:00 Loaded 1174 entries from dependency cache. Parsing recipes: 100% |############################################| Time: 00:00:00 Parsing of 882 .bb files complete (857 cached, 25 parsed). 1208 targets, 111 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors. Build Configuration: BB_VERSION = "1.16.0" TARGET_ARCH = "arm" TARGET_OS = "linux-gnueabi" MACHINE = "socfpga_cyclone5" DISTRO = "poky" DISTRO_VERSION = "1.3" TUNE_FEATURES = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9" TARGET_FPU = "vfp-neon" meta meta-yocto meta-yocto-bsp meta-yocto-bsp meta-altera meta-linaro = "<unknown>:<unknown>" NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies NOTE: Preparing runqueue NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks ERROR: Function failed: sysroot_stage_all (see /home/sys_isgpsv/yocto/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native-0.60-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.4652 for further information) ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sys_isgpsv/yocto/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native-0.60-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.4652 Log data follows: | DEBUG: Executing python function sstate_task_prefunc | DEBUG: Python function sstate_task_prefunc finished | DEBUG: Executing python function do_populate_sysroot | DEBUG: Executing shell function sysroot_stage_all | tar: --same-order option cannot be used with -c | Try 'tar --help' or 'tar --usage' for more information. | tar: This does not look like a tar archive | tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors | DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sysroot finished | ERROR: Function failed: sysroot_stage_all (see /home/sys_isgpsv/yocto/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native-0.60-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.4652 for further information) ERROR: Task 10 (/home/sys_isgpsv/yocto/meta/recipes-devtools/quilt/quilt-native_0.60.bb, do_populate_sysroot) failed with exit code '1' NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 23 tasks of which 22 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed. No currently running tasks (7 of 63) Summary: 1 task failed: /home/sys_isgpsv/yocto/meta/recipes-devtools/quilt/quilt-native_0.60.bb, do_populate_sysroot Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown. Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

At the end, i borrowed an old system to install Ubuntu 12.04 just to build this..... 

Seem like no solution with newer version of Ubuntu
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for updating this... I have run into the same problem and was searching for an answer. Darn, this is not good.

0 Kudos