Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Ubuntu 16.04 + Quartus Lite 17: problem removing JTAGD

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

A couple of months ago I purchased a DE10-standard dev kit and I would like to use it in my graduation project (which is starting in 2 weeks from now); I am not an expert on Linux but I'm using Ubuntu flavors since a couple of years now. I have successfully installed Quartus 17 on my Ubuntu 16.04 and the program itself seems to work fine. The only thing that won't work is the programmer, i.e. I can make what I want but the Quartus programmer just does not "see" the USB blaster, no matter how I start the program (as user or root). I have been reading lots of messages on this topic and I followed the instructions to set the udev rules correctly; removing Quartus and reinstalling does not seem to work as well. I have been diving a little deeper in the JTAGD server that the programmer starts: in attached screenshot of my terminal is visible that there is a JTAGD process running, despite the fact that I have removed everything from my system (apparently I have not removed everything otherwise the process would not be there right?); when I start the programmer manually, a second JTAGD process (started as root) is added to the output in the attachement. Maybe the disfunctionality rootcause lays here? Anyway, I am a bit at the end of my knowledge and capabilities at the moment so I hope that there is an expert who can help me on this and give me directions on how to solve this. It would be a very unfortunate situation if I cannot use the board. 

Many thanks in advance to those who will be able to help me out! 

Best regards, 

Richard
0 Kudos
0 Replies