Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Unable to build .elf file in NIOS eclipse II ,

JEL_W
Beginner

I am working on FPGA cyclone V DE-10, with quartus LIte version

When I build the project on nios II, the ".elf" file is not generated, I've configured the bsp file properties (turn on reduce drivers and small C library), but it remain the same problem " error make **[lll.elf] , i try to delete the project and restart , but nothing changed, i cannot even compile HELLO world for template, i got the same error.

Anybody has a solution ?

thank you all

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can find more information about error by checking console messages.Do attache the complete eclipse console log/project.

Error may be due to memory overflow. If so, you can increase the on-chip memory size.

Refer previous thread which have similar problem

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyRrdSAE/make-myhelloworldelf-error-1

Regards

Anand

dsmirnov
New Contributor I

Dear @JEL W​ ,

Please, post all messages which you get in console while your program is building

JEL_W
Beginner

Thank you all ,

the problem is solved ,

I need to increase the onchip memory size .