Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Unable to download NIOS IDE

DiBosco
Novice

Folks,

Anyone know if there's a problem with the NIOS Downloads? I am completely unable to download NIOS IDE at the moment. It's letting me get a bit further today compared to yesterday, but I'm still getting no joy. Chrome works marginally better than Firefox in that I get the window below. Firefox just sits on the download page doing nothing.On Linux FWIW.

Thanks.

DiBosco_0-1606830313160.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Appreciate for pointing out the broken link for NIOS download, allowed me to escalate this and will get back to you for an updates.

For the time being quick clarification, are you trying to download the NIOS IDE indenpendently?
Is quartus alrady installed on your machine?

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
DiBosco
Novice

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel

Thanks for the reply. This is a rather old request now and I finally managed the download once it was fixed by someone at your end. It just magically started working.

I have *much* more urgent requests on the forum than this now that no-one has answered.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Good to know that the NIOS issues has been attended and are now working as expected.
Just for our references, are you still using the same link as screenshot above to download or did you managed to download from other site?
Would be great if you are able to share the link where you downloaded the working NIOS.

On the other hand about the other request mention, perhaps you can let me know the link to the post and maybe I can double checked from my end to see if it has been attended to.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
DiBosco
Novice

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel 

My two other issues are here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Nios-II-Embedded-Design-Suite/Using-Windows-Generated-NIOS-Project-on-Linux/td-p/1236012

https://community.intel.com/t5/Nios-II-Embedded-Design-Suite/NIOS-Application-and-BSP-from-Template-Doesn-t-Work/td-p/1237561

I should say that I have regressed back to v16 of Quartus/NIOS Eclipse and I can at least create a project from scratch, then go to Eclipse and create a project and works quite nicely. Still no joy with importing old projects into a workspace though.

Others on the project are using Quartus 18.1, so I need to get that working really.

I do wonder whether v20 is hugely flawed, especially the issue with getting Eclipse from the Eclipse  website rather than it being all installed together.  Nothing at all works for me with that. I haven't tried a project from scratch on v18.1, but really, that's not what is important. Being able to import previously created projects into a new workspace is the big thing here.

I realise you might need a lot more information than I know about here and I am more than happy to provide any debug info a I can. It's entirely possible that there's some naivety going on here as the project has, up to this point, just been one person working on his own. He's likely never had to move projects form machine to machine, so now a second member has joined there may be something we're unaware of for making projects portable. Especially for me, as I have very little experience with Quartus and NIOS (especially NIOS). Especially from Windows to Linux (I was able to import an existing project into a workspace on Windows, but it would not work on Linux).

Honestly, I can't remember where I got the NIOS IDE from. That's done and dusted now and I'm on to Quartus/NIOS stuff.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi DiBosco,

Hope this message find you well and good to know that it is working now, we would be closing the thread. As for other forum cases, it will be followed up separately. If you have further queries, Please do post a response in the next 15 days.

After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards

BB

0 Kudos