Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Unable to load DLL 'jtag_atlantic.dll'

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using Visual Studio 2008 (VC++) for creating a GUI which interacts with NIOS2 of stratix 4GX dev kit. I have read all the forum/posts and tried most of the things but still I am getting the following error while running my GUI with VS2008.  

" an unhandled exception of type 'system.dllnotfoundexception' occurred in program4.exe 

additional information: unable to load dll 'jtag_atlantic.dll': the specified module could not be found. (exception from hresult: 0x8007007e) " 

I have jtag_atlantic.h and jtag_atlantic.lib in the project folder and under resource files of VS2008. jtag_atlantic.dll is also there under quartus/bin and I have placed it everywhere and ran the program but no success. 

Please help me out with this issue. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Its working now.... 

I have changed project property (VS2008) common language runtime support to /clr from /clr:pure and copied all necessary DLLs to system32 folder from ...quartus/bin. 

Thanks
0 Kudos