Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

Unable to load DLL 'jtag_atlantic.dll'

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using Visual Studio 2008 (VC++) for creating a GUI which interacts with NIOS2 of stratix 4GX dev kit. I have read all the forum/posts and tried most of the things but still I am getting the following error while running my GUI with VS2008.  

" an unhandled exception of type 'system.dllnotfoundexception' occurred in program4.exe 

additional information: unable to load dll 'jtag_atlantic.dll': the specified module could not be found. (exception from hresult: 0x8007007e) " 

I have jtag_atlantic.h and jtag_atlantic.lib in the project folder and under resource files of VS2008. jtag_atlantic.dll is also there under quartus/bin and I have placed it everywhere and ran the program but no success. 

Please help me out with this issue. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Its working now.... 

I have changed project property (VS2008) common language runtime support to /clr from /clr:pure and copied all necessary DLLs to system32 folder from ...quartus/bin. 

Thanks