Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

Undefined reference to alt_timestamp

SKuma36
Beginner

Hi,

I have a created a NIOS II system with Timer. In my C program, I have included "# include "sys/alt_timestamp.h" .

While compiling, I get the error "undefined reference to alt_timestamp". Basically its not able to find "altera_avalon_timer.h" file.

I have attached the NIOS SDK error snapshot. Pl. suggest suitable resolution for this.

rgds,

sunil

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Sunil,

1. No, It's not related to altera_avalon_timer.h header.If so you should have get error: altera_avalon_timer.h: No such file or directory,
  2. Can you see altera_avalon_timer.h in <projectname>_bsp->drivers->inc->altera_avalon_timer.h ? if No include Interval Timer ip in your qsys system.
  3. Try to regenerate the .sopcinfo file (check the time at which file is been generated) and create new eclipse project.
  4. If possible can you take screen short of small_hell_world.c and share?
  5. try the example code from below link go to page No:173

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/n2sw_nii5v2gen2.pdf

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

SKuma36
Beginner
Hello Anand, Thanks for the inputs. Rgds, sunil
0 Kudos