Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12366 Discussions

Use SDRAM simultaneously with HSP and FPGA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi 

I am using Altera DE1 Soc board. I use HPS and the master on Altera Avalon bus and SDRAM controller as slave which is connected to the SDRAM. I can read and write to the SDRAM without any problem. Now, I am wondering if I can access the SDRAM from the FPGA at the same time. If yes, can anyone tell me how to that? 

Best,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

This one... that SDRAM looks like in sharing mode, maybe you could do a quick test by simulate the write from fgpa and read back from hps for the same memory address for confirmation :D:D

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

This one... that SDRAM looks like in sharing mode, maybe you could do a quick test by simulate the write from fgpa and read back from hps for the same memory address for confirmation :D:D 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for the reply. I cannot, in Qsys, either I have to connect the S1 from the SDRAM controller to HPS or I have to export it to the FPGA. So, that is where I am not sure what to do.