Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Use SDRAM simultaneously with HSP and FPGA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am using Altera DE1 Soc board. I use HPS and the master on Altera Avalon bus and SDRAM controller as slave which is connected to the SDRAM. I can read and write to the SDRAM without any problem. Now, I am wondering if I can access the SDRAM from the FPGA at the same time. If yes, can anyone tell me how to that? 

Best,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This one... that SDRAM looks like in sharing mode, maybe you could do a quick test by simulate the write from fgpa and read back from hps for the same memory address for confirmation :D:D

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This one... that SDRAM looks like in sharing mode, maybe you could do a quick test by simulate the write from fgpa and read back from hps for the same memory address for confirmation :D:D 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for the reply. I cannot, in Qsys, either I have to connect the S1 from the SDRAM controller to HPS or I have to export it to the FPGA. So, that is where I am not sure what to do.
0 Kudos