Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Using FPGA to HPS-Bridge

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to read Data from the FPGA via the FPGA2HPS-Bridge. When trying to read, the HPS freezes. Is there some kind of tutorial or example for an C-Progam that reads the data out of the Bridge/RAM? Or what would be the easiest way to implement such a function? It needs to be able to read from the bridge and send those values via UDP, about 70.000 per second. 

Here is the code i currenty use:
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure why but everytime I click to download your bridge test code, the forum asked me to log in (I am already logged in) but once I did that I am still unable to view your file. Weird. 

Anyway, I am assuming that you are using Cyclone V SoC devices. I don't have a C-program tutorial, but there is a working design for Cyclone V and Arria 10 SoC that you can refer on (based on baremetal). Here is the link: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/soc/fpga-to-hps-bridges-design-exam... 

Hope it helps....
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That is exactly what i was looking for, Thanks a lot, sunshine!