Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Using FPGA to HPS-Bridge

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to read Data from the FPGA via the FPGA2HPS-Bridge. When trying to read, the HPS freezes. Is there some kind of tutorial or example for an C-Progam that reads the data out of the Bridge/RAM? Or what would be the easiest way to implement such a function? It needs to be able to read from the bridge and send those values via UDP, about 70.000 per second. 

Here is the code i currenty use:
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure why but everytime I click to download your bridge test code, the forum asked me to log in (I am already logged in) but once I did that I am still unable to view your file. Weird. 

Anyway, I am assuming that you are using Cyclone V SoC devices. I don't have a C-program tutorial, but there is a working design for Cyclone V and Arria 10 SoC that you can refer on (based on baremetal). Here is the link: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/soc/fpga-to-hps-bridges-design-example.html 

Hope it helps....
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That is exactly what i was looking for, Thanks a lot, sunshine!

0 Kudos