Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

VGA controller at DE2-115 and DE4

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

in my project I need to use VGA output with NIOS. 

There is a reference desing at altera website "vga controller and nios ii processor reference design (http://www.altera.com/support/refdesigns/sys-sol/computing/ref-niosii-vga.html)". But this example only for Cyclone II and Stratix II. 

I need to implement VGA output at Terasic test boards: DE2-115 (Cyclone IV) and DE4 (Stratix IV). 

Can I use this altera core in my design and, if so, what changes should I make for my design or core? 

Or, maybe, there are another simple cores of methodes to realize DMA-enabled VGA controller. 

Aleksandr.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could provide you with a general VGA-Core für 135MHz and 108MHz offering 1280x1024 pxls resolution, which I recently ported to the DE2-115. But I do now know, if this would help. It has a basic RAM-interface only.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would be so greatful if you send your project to me!! I've almost lost a hope about having a reply to my problem.  

my e-mail: xlebushek@gmail.com 

And if it wouldn't be a problem to you - leave some comments about project operation, pls.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I could provide you with a general VGA-Core für 135MHz and 108MHz offering 1280x1024 pxls resolution, which I recently ported to the DE2-115. But I do now know, if this would help. It has a basic RAM-interface only. 

--- Quote End ---  

Dear sr. 

I work with the controller Camera D5M for board DE2-115 and the resolution of 1280x1024 no function, please help me. 

My e-mail is incomparableok@hotmail.com

Thank!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hello fpgaengineerfrankfurt 

Can you also send me the files for the 1280x1024 resoultions? 

I actually try to get a resolution of 1920x1080 and i think your files will be a good start. 

B.R.  

StreitFr50552@th-nuernberg.de
0 Kudos