Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

VGA controller at DE2-115 and DE4

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

in my project I need to use VGA output with NIOS. 

There is a reference desing at altera website "vga controller and nios ii processor reference design (http://www.altera.com/support/refdesigns/sys-sol/computing/ref-niosii-vga.html)". But this example only for Cyclone II and Stratix II. 

I need to implement VGA output at Terasic test boards: DE2-115 (Cyclone IV) and DE4 (Stratix IV). 

Can I use this altera core in my design and, if so, what changes should I make for my design or core? 

Or, maybe, there are another simple cores of methodes to realize DMA-enabled VGA controller. 

Aleksandr.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could provide you with a general VGA-Core für 135MHz and 108MHz offering 1280x1024 pxls resolution, which I recently ported to the DE2-115. But I do now know, if this would help. It has a basic RAM-interface only.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would be so greatful if you send your project to me!! I've almost lost a hope about having a reply to my problem.  

my e-mail: xlebushek@gmail.com 

And if it wouldn't be a problem to you - leave some comments about project operation, pls.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I could provide you with a general VGA-Core für 135MHz and 108MHz offering 1280x1024 pxls resolution, which I recently ported to the DE2-115. But I do now know, if this would help. It has a basic RAM-interface only. 

--- Quote End ---  

Dear sr. 

I work with the controller Camera D5M for board DE2-115 and the resolution of 1280x1024 no function, please help me. 

My e-mail is incomparableok@hotmail.com

Thank!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hello fpgaengineerfrankfurt 

Can you also send me the files for the 1280x1024 resoultions? 

I actually try to get a resolution of 1920x1080 and i think your files will be a good start. 

B.R.  

StreitFr50552@th-nuernberg.de