Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12436 Discussions

Vectored Interrupt Controller causes stuck in alt_tick()

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am facing issues when using the Vectored Interrupt Controller with the Nios. Sometimes I experience that my Nios seems to crash and when pressing pause during debug I find that the system gets stuck inside the while loop of the alt_tick() function. Does anybody understand what the cause of this issue is? It is weird that if I use the default Nios IIC I will not experience this problem. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello meds7 

i am also using VIC in my project and facing similar problem like "the system gets stuck inside the while loop", but i am getting proper VIC response if i remove my ethernet RJ-45 connector, which is suppose to be there for further processing. 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41209 

kaushal