Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Vein Pattern Recognition using DE1 board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Friends, 

I am working on a project for Vein Pattern Recognition using Altera DE1 board. I have used a modified IR webcam for capturing the vein patterns. I have some doubts regarding how to proceed from here on: 

1. How do I interface the webcam to DE1 board? The USB of the webcam is not compatible with the USB port of DE1. Is there any converter for the same? 

2. How do I store the images taken in the webcam on to the SDRAM of DE1? Right now I am saving the vein images on to the PC. I need some way to flash these images onto the board. 

3. Once the pattern is recognized (through algorithm written in SIMULINK & MATLAB) I want to display output to VGA. I know it has something to do with timing but not sure exactly what it is. 

Any references or documentation to throw some light on any/all of these doubts will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
0 Replies