Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Verified OK - Leaving target processor paused

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have got a problem when running Nios, here is my problem: 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Initializing CPU cache (if present) 

OK 

Downloading 00008000 ( 0%) 

Downloaded 19KB in 0.3s (63.3KB/s) 

Verifying 00008000 ( 0%) 

Verified OK  

Leaving target processor paused 

I have read some comments by similar stuffs, but there was no any solutions for this ? Can anybody show me what this problem is ? Since it reported no error but the result was nothing. 

I highly appreciate any comments from you. 

DucKhai.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How do you download the .elf file to the Nios? If using the command line you need to add the -g option to start the CPU after download. If you are using a GUI there may be a box to tick to do that.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This could be a pin assignment issue. Ensure that clk and reset are connected to the respective pins in the board. 

For DE4, I found that assigning clk to pin OSC_50_B7 (50 Mhz clk input for Bank 7c 1.8v pin A19) worked.  

Also, I think the frequency of clk input from board must match frequency in SOPC builder (50MHz usually) unless you are using an exclusive PLL