Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Verifiy failed between adr.... in SRAM DE2-115 tPad Simple Socket Project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi There, 

I try to build the SimpleSocketServer_rgmii_0 on my DE2-115 tPad. 

I could generate the System in SopC and Quartus successfull but in Nios 

I became this error message: 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Reading System ID at address 0x014034E0: verified 

Initializing CPU cache (if present) 

OK 

Downloading 01200000 ( 0%) 

Downloading 01210000 (20%) 

Downloading 01220000 (41%) 

Downloading 01230000 (61%) 

Downloading 01240000 (82%) 

Downloaded 313KB in 5.3s (59.0KB/s) 

Verifying 01200000 ( 0%) 

Verify failed between address 0x1200000 and 0x120FFFF 

Leaving target processor paused 

In the System Lib Properties i set the Prog memory and the rest all of sram. 

In SopC I use the SRAM-Controller from the University Program IP. I try also the IP from TERASIC --> TERASIC_SRAM, still with both version the same error. 

I run also the Standalone Quartus Prog for program the sof file and then I leave the unlimited window open. I thing that are not the problem. 

Please help me to find a solution  

Thanks you 

Antonio
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

in the attachment you find my SoPc System. 

In NiosII I use the template simple_socket_server_rgmii_0 

Grazie...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Had a similar problem with Terasic SRAM when it is connected to a NIOS II/f (NIOS II/e - no problem). This is because the II/f is much faster (can have transactions one after the other due to the pipeline that it has). I solved this by modifying the Terasic SRAM component in the SOPC system by adding having 2 read waitstates, 2 write waitstates, and 1 hold cycle and 1 setup cycle (this is probably an overkill, you could probably omit a few of the wait states or setup/hold cycles). Now it works without a problem with the II/f (NIOS CLK = 50 MHz). I recommend using the SDRAM for the NIOS, because it is faster and has more capacity than the Terasic SRAM. If you must use the SRAM, change the SOPC component as I indicated above.