Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Verify failed between address 0x4011800 and 0x401181F

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have this error on my two project without I had change nothing! 

Exact same error, but not same card!? (Bemicro and DE0-Nano) 

The only change I can find, it's the end of my subscription. I don't have update anything. Juste recompile and upload the Sof and the Nios.Please help!!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What device has been mapped at that address range?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Since that is a 32 byte address range, and the jtag loader only reports the entire range (not where it got the first error), I suspect that is one of the interrupt vector/rest locations.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's the  

reset 0x04011800 - 0x0401181F epcs_flash_controller 32 0 

But I didn't change anything on both project. So why it's stop working?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And I checked the EPCS with the Terasic control panel

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If the reset vector is inside the epcs_flash_controller, I don't think your program image should have any code for that address. 

Something will have gone wrong inside all the 'magic' that attempts to make building a loadable image easy. 

The images I build are so dissimilar from those the IDE generates I couldn't even comtempate beating it into submission. 

Not only that, we download the code from system filestore - so the system used to compile to code doesn't need any of the Altera software installed - just gcc for nios2.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

It's the  

reset 0x04011800 - 0x0401181F epcs_flash_controller 32 0 

--- Quote End ---  

This is the nios bootloader address (I thought this was excluded from verification, but probably I was wrong). 

Do you use a standard bootloader? Check if you changed the epcs_controller_boot_rom.hex file in the Quartus project. You can regenerate the file by rebuilding the Qsys module.