Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Verify failed between adress ... on very simple design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

i know this subject has been discussed a lot of times, but i don't find any solution for my case.  

I 'm working on a DE2 115 board trying to get a TCP stack on uCos. 

As usual, i do my SoC with a nios 2 and so on... 

But when i tried to download the .elf to the system i got this great message that tells me "failed to download .elf" and a "verify failed between address x80000 and ...".https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8405 This address range corresponds to my main memory. 

So, i did a very simple design with a nios2, jtag uart and mem of 65536 Bytes, just to see the behavior, and guess what? it doesn't work neither and tells me the same message. 

I did a project 6 months ago with 11.1 version of Quartus and i never encountered this problem. 

Since i installed the new 13.1 version a week ago, i got this message on all my old designs.  

Is it possible that 13.1 hates me? I never cheated it, or maybe one time. This was a night, MicroSemi just told me how beautiful i was, and i... No, i just don't want to remember. 

If someone has the solution, i take it. Thank you.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus 10 and 11 seem to be avoided because they are the transitions from SOPC to QSYS. 

How did you make your simple design ? from scratch or from templates ? 

common causes are : 

reset signal, watchdog... 

timings of mem 

wrong Qsys found (if you don't have sysid...) are ignored sysid/timestamp 

Have you tried with an other board ?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply 

Is the sysid IP from Qsys mandatory? 

and yes, i tried on another de2 115 board.  

You're right, i should try it on my other cyclone3 board.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i'm sorry i forgot to tell you that my design was from scratch. I tried with the "triple speed ethernet" from altera ftp but same problem.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi again, 

problem was solved by deleting inverter on KEY(0) which was used for reset.  

I just want to die... so confused 

Thank you mmTsuchi for your advices. Have a nice week end