Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Video-in port in DE1-SoC Computer System availability

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the DE1-SoC Computer System Manual (available in the University program) in the main schematic appears a TV Decoder Video-in input port. 

But no furter details is available in the manual. Moreover looking inside the Qsys structure of the DE1-SoC Computer System it seemes that this port is not present !  

An error in the schematics I presume !?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

See page 35 of the User Manual. My DE1-SoC has U4, a TV decoder, near the video input socket.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you ... 

... but I'm not speaking about the DE1_SoC Board !! I know it includes the TV Decoder. 

I'm speaking about the "DE1 Soc Computer System" provided by the Altera University Program (it which is a pre-assembled configuration of a NIOS, an ARM process and several others facilities that you can download on your board and program)