Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Vxworks Support?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could find the u/C OS and ucLinux support by using NIOS,how about vxworks,there is few material about this,anyone have the idea to startup the vxworks OS by NIOS (evaluation version also okey)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This forum is just for running Linux on NIOS, so maybe you'll get better answers in a more general Altera Forum (of from your Altera FAE).  

I do know that there are many sites converting VxWorks projects to Linux and that there are consultants and products specializes exactly on this. So for starting a new project maybe Linux might be the better choice. 

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure if you have received the resolution for your query or not. 

If you are aware, Altera recently launched MP32 softcore processor that supports VxWorks OS in collaboration with MIPS and SLS. You might try contacting any of the partners with your query. If you are using MP32, there is an application note on booting VxWorks on Stratix III kit available on SLS website. 

visit www.slscorp.com/mp32 for more information. 

http://www.slscorp.com/pages/mp32_download.php
0 Kudos