Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Warning: Open not implemented

SeanAB
New Contributor I

Quartus Prime Lite Ver 21.1.0 Build 842 10/21/21 - Windows 10 Host system

Eclipse Mars.2 rel 4.5.2

Trying to access a uart port via HAL API calls. The application is based on the hello world small template. The following code attempt to open to get the file pointer integer.

int fp_uart_0;

fp_uart_0 = ALT_OPEN(UART_0_NAME,2);

When I compile the program, I get the following warning:

hello_world_small.c:96: warning: warning: open is not implemented and will always fail

When I step through the code, it does  fail to get a value. I see the wrapper for ALT_OPEN for open().  Is there something missing in Eclipse library?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi,

Thanks for using Intel community forum,

Kindly expect some delay in the reply due to holiday.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
SeanAB
New Contributor I

@Kenny_Tan Thanks, but after some more digging and digging, I simply recreated the project from scratch and the problem is no longer there. In the new project, I choose a Blank Application template, modified the BSP to use small C library and didn't check small drivers. No problems opening a serial port for access.

-

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Since the issue has been addressed. I'll now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

0 Kudos