Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

What file do I need to #include to enable the jamStub.c file to compile in my quest to port the jam Player SW into my embedded system? What file do I need to #include to complete the build?

rbris
Beginner

I am trying to port the Jam Player I downloaded from www.jamisp.com to our system's embedded processor. 

I edited the #define to EMBEDDED (as instructed in AN 122).  But, when I build the project, jamStub.c does not compile.  The reason is that I am missing about 20 I/O related functions, such as read(), write(), fprintf().  These are all functions that probably should be in stdio.h, but are not.  Where are these functions defined?  I have looked for them but cannot find any.  I assume they are in a file, but I don't know the file name.  What #include am I missing?  Where can I find these files?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

​Hi rbris,

You can find the old Altera JAM STAPL player source code from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/programming/jam.html

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
rbris
Beginner
Nooraini, Thanks so much. I will fetch the JAM STAPL player from the link you gave me and get back to you if I still have a problem building the code. Best regards, RABrisk
0 Kudos
rbris
Beginner
Nooraini, Thank you for your email with its URL. I downloaded the files from the URL you sent me. I followed the ReadMe instructions (as before) then created a project using the .C files from the download. (NOTE: There are only 4 “.C” files in the files I downloaded from your URL. There were 12 in the other download). I changed the PORT from WINDOWS to EMBEDDED. I commented out those .H files that the build complained it could not open. I built the project. Eventually, the build got down to exactly the same result as the other code I downloaded. Both builds have 3 errors and 33 warnings that I need to eliminate to achieve a successful build. The issues are: o Error[Pe020]: identifier "FILE" is undefined C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 866 o Error[Pe020]: identifier "fp" is undefined C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 866 o Error[Pe070]: incomplete type is not allowed C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 867 o Warning[Pe223]: function "fprintf" declared implicitly C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 885 o . . . o Warning[Pe223]: function "fopen" declared implicitly C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 1051 o etc. . . . So, my question remains the same. Where do I get the functions and definitions required to eliminate the remaining 3 errors and 33 warnings? Best regards, RABrisk
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Base on this URL link www.jamisp.com, I don't think this link is part of Intel(Altera) page. Thus any files or software tools posted from this link is not supported by Intel (Altera). I couldn't even access this link www.jamisp.com as it keep timing out.

All the require files are already in published the Altera JAM STAPL player source code from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/programming/jam.html

As you can observe from the table the Jam STAPL Byte-Code Compiler v2.4 is the last version from year 2005. There are no other updated version as theses software are mature and consider EOL.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos